About the Institute
Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth (TMV) established in 1921 is recognized by the Government of India in the year 1987 as the “Deemed to be University” under Section 3 of UGC Act , 1956.
About the Moot
TMV’s Lokmanya Tilak Law College endeavors to develop legal arguments and research skills of the students and provide a platform to explore emerging issues of law. Lokmanya Tilak law College organized the 1 st Edition of National Moot Court Competition, 2021 on August 13 and 14, 2021 under the aegis of
Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth, Pune.
The Moot Proposition was based on contemporary debates on Human Rights and was participated by reputable institutions all over India namely, ICFAI University, Dehradun, Jindal Global Law School, Maharashtra National Law University, Aurangabad, Gujarat National Law University, Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad and so on. The event was inaugurated by the Dean of Lokmanya Tilak Law College, Adv. Harshad Nimbarkar.
The 2nd Edition of Bal Gangadhar Tilak National Level Moot Court Competition was held online on 22nd &23rd of April. The Moot Proposition was based on the most debatable topic of Marital Rape wherein colleges from all around India participated.
The Competition was Inaugurated by J. Ambadar Joshi. The competition was won by Vishwakarma University, Pune while Savitha School of Law was the runner-up. The best Mooter prize was bagged by Vishwakarma University and the Best Memo award was bagged by Govt. College, Trichy. This was followed by a Valedictory session which was graced by Dr. Vishwambar Choudhary.
Now TMV’s Lokmanya Tilak Law College takes immense pleasure in announcing the 3rd Bal Gangadhar Tilak National Moot Court Competition (Online) 2023.
Who is it for?
Students pursuing 3/5 year Law Course are eligible to participate in this competition.
- In order to confirm participation, teams of each Institute should register themselves. Registration fee for each team is Rs. 1000/- (One Thousand Rupees Only) The duly completed Google Form for Registration with all team details and NEFT must be submitted to the Moot Court Association on or before March 20, 2023 by 11:59 pm (IST).
- No change in the names of the participants shall be permitted after the receipt of the registration
Form, except at the sole discretion of the organizers. All teams shall be given a “Team Code” by the Organizers on validation of their Google Form for Registration and NEFT. The teams shall use their designated “Team Code” for all correspondence with the Organizers. The same team code must
be used by the teams during the submission of Memorials and during all the Rounds of the Competition.
- The Teams have to register via the link given at the end of this post.
- Account Name and Details for Transfer of Registration fees are given below:
Name of the Bank: HDFC Bank
Bank Account No.: 59103111952004
IFSC Code: HDFC0002844
Name of the Account Holder: Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth
Name of Branch: Dhanukar Colony.
- Winner of the Final Round will be given the “Best Team” certificate, memento and a cash prize of Rs 7000
- Runner-up of the Final Round will be given the “Runner Up” certificate, memento and a cash prize of Rs 4000
- The team with the highest memorial scores will be given the “Best Memorial” certificate, memento and a cash prize of Rs 1000
- “Best Mooter” award will be given the “Best Mooter” certificate, memento and a cash prize of Rs 1000
- In addition to the above, e-certificates will be issued to all participants within one week from the valedictorian function and no prior requests shall be entertained in any case.
- Online Registration: March 20, 2023
- Submission of Memorials (Soft Copy): March 25, 2023
- Date of Com[petition:April7&82023[petition:April7&82023
Any clarifications regarding competition and the moot problem may be sought from the following faculty members
- Asst. Prof. Ketki Dalvi – +91 9922202499
- Asst. Prof. Ramneet Arora – +91 8408857295
- E-mail id- [email protected]
- Help Desk Time – 9.00 am to 4.00 pm
- Deokar Vrushali- 020-24403102
Click here to register.