About the Institute of Law, Nirma University
Founded on the vision ofDr. Karsanbhai K. Patel, the Institute of Law, Nirma University (ILNU), established in 2007, focuses on bringing about a paradigm shift in the delivery of legal education in the country. It aims to add newer dimensions to legal education that would incorporate international standards and provide an environment for innovation and dynamic scholarships. Embodying the principles of justice education, excellence, and professionalism, ILNU imparts quality legal education that has produced a new generation of lawyers, leaders, and policy makers over the years.
About CIHL & HR
The Center for International Humanitarian Law and Human Rights endeavors to develop a research-based and inquisitive platform for students in this field of law and to keep up an academic response to the prevalent contemporary challenges in International Humanitarian Law and Human Rights Law.
To make the Institute a Center of excellence on the legal education map of India, it aims at providing world-class facilities to impart training and conduct research in the field of Law. Currently, the Institute has twelve research centers of which, the Center for International Humanitarian Law and Human Rights Law is one of them.
About the conference
The conference is held annually by the center with a vision to generate awareness among students and academia. To address the contemporary issues and challenges faced by scholars, academicians, practitioners, and students in the field of International Humanitarian and Refugee Law.
Acting as a facilitator, the conference is to present a platform for interaction between eminent personalities, zealous students, dedicated organizations and every such stakeholder having an interest in the field.
To encourage research and dialogue among young scholars, the best papers will be rewarded with a cash prize and selected papers will be published in an edited volume of Conference Proceedings.
We take great pride in introducing you to the XI Edition of the International Students Conference 2023. Our center at the Institute of Law, Nirma University for many years with generous support from UNHCR, India (United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees) has been organizing the Student Conference where participants and guests from various parts of the world join us. We would like to invite your attention towards the annual flagship event organized by our center.
The objective of the conference is to generate awareness, initiate dialogue and present solutions thereof to the challenges.
URBAN WARFARE AND PROTECTION OF REFUGEES
The sub-themes for the conference are as follows:
- 1. Impact of armed conflicts on children (international and non-international).
- 2. Climate risks and armed conflict.
- 3. Sexual Gender Based Violence as a weapon of war.
- 4. Autonomous weapon system and security.
- 5. Displacement due to climate change.
- 6. Discrimination in granting asylum status.
- 7. Examining the role of the United Nations in existing geopolitics.
- 8. Vaccine equity in the existing world order.
- 9. Impact of war on essential services.
- 10. Urban Warfare and the Russia-Ukraine War.
- 11. Access to asylum and refugee definition.
- 12. How to promote Refugee protection in the absence of a National Refugee Law Framework.
- 13. Principle of non-refoulment in non-signatory states (1951 convention).
- 14. Inclusion of Refugees and Asylum-seekers in national services.
- 15. Need for a comprehensive solution for refugees.
Eligibility: The conference is open to undergraduate/postgraduate students, academicians, and PhD scholars. This conference is an opportunity for all to interact with like-minded individuals from different institutes all across the globe. The conference will also provide a platform for discussions and deliberations with experts, dedicated organizations and stakeholders in the relevant field.
Registration Fees: The registration fee for the conference is Rs.500/- for those who are interested in being a participant in the conference.
Prizes: To encourage participants, the best papers will be rewarded, and selected papers will be published in an edited volume of Conference proceedings by the Centre.
Mode of the Conference: Hybrid (Online & Offline)
Note: Please submit your abstract and final paper via email id.
- Abstract Submission: 15th February 2023.
- Final Paper Submission: 28th February 2023
- Date for the conference: 18th March 2023.
- Harmanjot Kaur, Chairperson: (+91- 9330329151) [WhatsApp Available]
- Ronak Sharma, Vice Chairperson: (+91-8094595839) [WhatsApp Available]
- Vagmee Sk Mishra, Secretary: (+91-9516061256) [WhatsApp Available]
- E-mail: [email protected]