The Directorate of Legal Affairs, CBIC is inviting applications for internships for the FY 2023-24.
About the CBIC
The Directorate of Legal Affairs, Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs is entrusted with defending all indirect taxes matters (Customs, Central Excise, Service Tax and GST) before the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India.
About the Opportunity
The internship shall take place in Delhi. The internship is likely to commence on 01.07.2023. Law students shall be taken as interns for one to two months. The period of internship may be increased to the maximum total period of three months by the Principal Commissioner, Directorate of Legal Affairs on mutual agreement.
Number of Vacancies
Mode of Internship
Roles and Responsibilities of the Intern
- The interns are expected to study case files, assist in legal research and drafting of petitions, brief the counsels and extend any other related legal/general assistance to officers/counsels.
- The interns may also accompany the departmental officers to the briefing meetings if needed.
- The interns will be deployed in different sections of the legal establishment in CBIC.
- Law students who are pursuing a 3-year LLB course/5-year integrated LLB course.
- Law graduates who have completed a 3-year LLB course/5-year integrated LLB course for not more than two years.
- Students who have appeared in the final year/semester examination on the cutoff date are eligible to apply for the Law graduate category.
- The student interns will receive a stipend of Rs. 5,000/- per month
- The graduate interns will receive a stipend of Rs. 15,000/- per month
How to Apply?
Eligible & willing candidates may furnish their application in the attached form by emailing to [email protected]
May 19, 2023
There are no ads to display, Please add some