About the University
Established in the year 2017, St. Joseph’s College of Law, Bangalore is the pioneer Jesuit law college in South Asia that is strengthened with a 450-year-old legacy in imparting quality education through the Jesuit mission of molding students into ‘people of competence, conscience, and compassion dedicated to the service of faith and the promotion of justice’.
About the Competition
The 3ʳᵈ St. Joseph’s College of Law National Moot Court Competition, 2023 is specifically curated to provide aspiring lawyers with a platform to showcase their research, analytical abilities, and legal expertise in the field of Intellectual Property and Traditional Knowledge. The competition’s objective is to explore the dynamic interplay between Intellectual Property Rights and the preservation, protection, and utilization of traditional knowledge in the modern world.
Participation is open to all law students (3 years LL.B or 5 years LL.B integrated course) or any equivalent law program from any law college/department/university recognized by the Bar Council of India.
How to Register?
The institutions can also temporarily register by e-mailing [email protected] with the subject “Name of the Institution_Provisional_NMCC SJCL”. (Please note that emails without this subject shall not be considered as provisional registration.)
The registration fees for the event:
- without accommodation – ₹ 5000/-
- with accommodation – ₹8000/-
- Release of Propositions: July 7th
- Last Date of registration and payment of Registration Fee: July 24th
- Last date for submission of Moot Memorials (Soft Copy): Aug 2nd
- Last date of receipt of Moot Memorials (Hard Copy through Courier): Aug 5th
- Last date for queries regarding the problem: July 30th
- Submission of Itinerary: Aug 5th
- Inaugural Ceremony: Aug 11th
- Researchers Test: Aug 11th
- Prelims Rounds, Octa Round & Quarter Finals: Aug 12th
- Semi-Final Round, Final Rounds, and Valedictory Ceremony: Aug 13th
- Winner: Trophy, Certificate of appreciation, and a cash prize of INR 50,000/-
- 1st Runners-Up: Trophy, Certificate of appreciation, and a cash prize of INR 30,000/-
- 2nd Runners-Up: Trophy, Certificate of appreciation, and a cash prize of INR 20,000/-
- Fr. Praveen Hrudayaraj Best Speaker: Trophy, Certificate of appreciation, and a cash prize of INR 15,000/-
- Best Memorials: Trophy, Certificate of appreciation, and a cash prize of INR 15,000/-
- Best Researcher: Trophy, Certificate of appreciation, and a cash prize of INR 15,000/-
St. Joseph’s College of Law, Residency Road, Shanthala Nagar, Bangalore, 560025.
In case of any queries, please write to [email protected] with the subject”QUERY_REG/ACCOM/OTHER”or contact at:
- Mamatha Ramapriya: 9513555399
- Komal: 6206101684
- Kavyayashwini MS: 9148085935