Hearings in the Supreme Court are now shown live on the Court’s website.
On Wednesday 14th june the Court will hand-down judgment in JTI POLSKA Sp. Zoo and others v Jakubowski and others  UKSC 19. The Court will determine whether the Supreme Court should depart from the judgment of the House of Lords in James Buchanan & Co. Ltd v Babco Forwarding & Shipping (UK) Ltd.  AC 141 and hold that excise duty payable in respect of goods which are stolen in the course of international carriage by road cannot be claimed under article 23.44 of the Convention on the Contract for the International Carriage of Goods by Road 1956. The hand-down will take place at 9:45am in Courtroom 1.
From Wednesday 14th – Thursday 15thth june the Court will hear the case of Herculito Maritime Ltd and others v Gunvor International BV and otherson appeal from  EWCA Civ 1828. The Court considers the proper interpretation of a charter agreement and bills of landing for a vessel are in respect of losses arising out of the seizure of the vessel by pirates. The hearing will begin at 10:30am in Courtroom 1.
Also from Wednesday 14th – Thursday 15thth june the Court will hear the case of Zubaydah v Foreign and Commonwealth Office and otherson appeal from  EWCA Civ 334. The Court will consider whether the law of England and Wales is the law applicable to the Respondent’s claim for personal injury or the law of the six countries in which he alleges he was unlawfully detained and tortured by the United States’ authorities. The hearing will begin at 10:30am in Courtroom 2.
The following Supreme Court judgments remain outstanding: (As of 16/06/23)
- East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust v Flowers and Ors, heard 22nd June 2021
- Canada Square Operations Ltd v Potter, heard 14th June 2022
- Unger and another (in substitution for Hasan) v Ul-Hasan (deceased) and anotherheard 20th October 2022
- Chief Constable of the Police Service of Northern Ireland and another v Agnew and others (Northern Ireland), heard 14th-15th December 2022
- Smith and another v Royal Bank of Scotland, heard 12th January 2023
- Republic of Mozambique (acting through its Attorney General) v Privinvest Shipbuilding SAL (Holding) and othersheard 24-25th January 2023
- R (PACCAR Inc and others) v Competition Appeal Tribunal and othersheard 16th February 2023.
- Lifestyle Equities CV and another v Ahmed and anotherheard 20th February 2023
- Thaler v Comptroller-General of Patents, Designs and Trade Marks, heard 2nd March 2023
- The Manchester Ship Canal Company Ltd v United Utilites Water Ltd No 2heard 6th March 2023
- R (on the application of Palmer) v Northern Derbyshire Magistrates Court and anotherheard 8th March 2023
- R (on the application of Toraane and another) v Secretary of State for the Home Departmentheard 9th March 2023
- R (on the application of Officer W80) v Director General of the Independent Office for Police Conduct and others, heard 13th March 2023
- Secretary of State for Transport v Curzon Park Ltd and others, heard 19th April 2023
- Independent Workers Union of Great Britain v Central Arbitration Committee and anotherheard 25th April 2023
- R (on the application of Worcestershire County Council) v Secretary of State for Health and Social Careheard 27th April 2023
- R (on the application of Imam) v London Borough of Croydonheard 3rd May 2023
- R (on the application of Wang and another) v Secretary of State for the Home Departmentheard 4th May 2023
- McCulloch and others v Forth Valley Health Board (Scotland)heard 10th May 2023.
- Polmear and another v Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust, heard 15th May 2023.
- R (on the application of Afzal) v Secretary of State for the Home Departmentheard 7th June 2023.
- Herculito Maritime Ltd and others v Gunvor International BV and others, heard 14th June 2023.
- Zubaydah v Foreign and Commonwealth Office and others, heard 14th June 2023.