Hearings in the Supreme Court are now shown live on the Court’s website.
On Tuesday 16th to Thursday 18th may the Court will hear the case of Polmear and another v Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust, on appeal from  EWCA Civ 12. The Court will consider whether an individual can make a claim for psychiatric injury caused by witnessing the death or other horrifying event of a close relative as a result of earlier clinical negligence. The hearing will begin at 10:00am in Courtroom 1.
On Wednesday 17th may the Court will hand-down judgment in Commissioners for His Majesty’s Revenue and Customs v SSE Generation Ltd  UKSC 17. The Court will determine whether the SSE is entitled to claim capital allowances for the expenditure that it incurred in the construction of the Glendoe Hydro Electric Power Scheme (the Scheme). Specifically, whether some elements of the Scheme are properly described as tunnels or aqueducts and so excluded from s.22(1)(a) in Part 2 of the Capital Allowances Act 2001. The hand-down will take place at 9:45am in Courtroom 1.
Also on Wednesday 17th may the Court will hear the case of Popoviciu v Curtea De Bucharest Apples (Romania)on appeal from  EWHC 1584. The Court will consider, in a conviction extradition case, is it sufficient for the requested person to show substantial grounds for believing that there is a real risk that his trial was so flagrantly unfair as to deprive him of the essence of his Article 6 rights, and therefore a real risk that his imprisonment in the requesting state will violate his Article 5 rights? The hearing will begin at 10:30am in Courtroom 2.
The following Supreme Court judgments remain outstanding: (As of 19/05/23)
- East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust v Flowers and Ors, heard 22 June 2021
- Canada Square Operations Ltd v Potter, heard 14th June 2022
- Unger and another (in substitution for Hasan) v Ul-Hasan (deceased) and anotherheard 20th October 2022
- Chief Constable of the Police Service of Northern Ireland and another v Agnew and others (Northern Ireland), heard 14th-15th December 2022
- Smith and another v Royal Bank of Scotland, heard 12th January 2023
- Republic of Mozambique (acting through its Attorney General) v Privinvest Shipbuilding SAL (Holding) and othersheard 24-25th January 2023
- R (PACCAR Inc and others) v Competition Appeal Tribunal and othersheard 16th February 2023.
- Lifestyle Equities CV and another v Ahmed and anotherheard 20th February 2023
- JTI POLSKA Sp. Zoo and others v Jakubowski and othersheard 28th February 2023
- Thaler v Comptroller-General of Patents, Designs and Trade Marks, heard 2nd March 2023
- The Manchester Ship Canal Company Ltd v United Utilites Water Ltd No 2heard 6th March 2023
- London Borough of Merton Council v Nuffield Health Ltdheard 7th March 2023
- R (on the application of Palmer) v Northern Derbyshire Magistrates Court and anotherheard 8th March 2023
- R (on the application of Toraane and another) v Secretary of State for the Home Departmentheard 9th March 2023
- R (on the application of Officer W80) v Director General of the Independent Office for Police Conduct and others, heard 13th March 2023
- Secretary of State for Transport v Curzon Park Ltd and others, heard 19th April 2023
- Independent Workers Union of Great Britain v Central Arbitration Committee and anotherheard 25th April 2023
- R (on the application of Worcestershire County Council) v Secretary of State for Health and Social Careheard 27th April 2023
- R (on the application of Imam) v London Borough of Croydonheard 3rd May 2023
- R (on the application of Wang and another) v Secretary of State for the Home Departmentheard 4th May 2023
- McCulloch and others v Forth Valley Health Board (Scotland)heard 10th May 2023.
- Polmear and another v Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust, heard 15th May 2023.